1) What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out enquiry forms.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously but you will be unable to access some areas that require a registered account.
2) How do we use your information?
Information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs and to personalise your experience.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions – your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails and postal offerings – the email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If you receive marketing/sales correspondence from us you will have the option to stop receiving these emails. You can stop receiving information from us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you wish not to receive further sales/marketing correspondence.
3) How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server via Paypal. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your credit cards number will not be stored on our servers.
Yes – Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by contacting customer service.
5) Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Returns / Refunds / Cancellations
Claims for incorrect or non-delivery of goods must be made IN WRITING TO THE SELLER WITHIN TEN (10) WORKING DAYS of the receipt of the goods, accompanied by the original packing note for incorrectly delivered goods, and within the ten (10) working days of receipt of the covering invoices for non- delivery. All claims covering the operability of the goods will be covered by the seller manufacturing guarantee which can be obtained by emailing email@example.com. Damage in transit must be notified to the seller and the carrier within 3 days of receipt and the original packing should be returned. The seller reserves the right to refuse to accept claims that are not received at the seller’s offices within the times or under the conditions set out above.
Cancellation and returned goods:
a) Cancellation will not be accepted for non-standard items. If the seller agrees cancellation or part of an order for standard items a minimum charge of 20% of total order price will be made.
b) Except under the manufacturing guarantee referred to in clause 6 no returns are permitted without the seller’s previous consent.
c) If the seller agrees returns other than under the manufacturer guarantee referred to in clause 6 they must be returned at the purchaser’s expense in original condition and if tested by the seller will be subject to a minimum charge of 15% of invoice price together with VAT thereon if applicable.
6) Legal disclaimer
Seaward Electronic Ltd can not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or accident arising from information or advice given on the Seaward group of websites.
7) Your consent
8) Policy changes
9) Contacting us
Seaward Electronic Ltd
Peterlee, United Kingdom
Telephone: +44 (0)1915863511